Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kick The Bucket List...

Things you have done during your lifetime:
(x) Gone on a blind date
(x) Skipped school
(x) Watched someone die
(  ) Been to Canada
(x) Been to Mexico
(x) Been to Florida
(  ) Been to Hawaii
(x) Been on a plane
(  ) Been on a helicopter
(x) Been lost
(x) Gone to Washington, DC
(x) Swam in the ocean
(  ) Swam with Stingrays
(x) Cried yourself to sleep
(x) Played cops and robbers
(x) Recently colored with crayons
(x) Sang Karaoke
(x) Paid for a meal with coins only
(  ) Been to the top of the St. Louis Arch
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't
(x) Made prank phone calls
(  ) Been down Bourbon Street in New Orleans
(x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(x) Danced in the rain
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus
(x) Been kissed under the mistletoe
(x) Watched the sunrise with someone
(x) Blown bubbles
(x) Gone ice-skating
(x) Gone to the movies
(  ) Been deep sea fishing
(  ) Driven across the United States
(  ) Been in a hot air balloon
(  ) Been sky diving
(  ) Gone snowmobiling
(  ) Lived in more than one country
(x) Lay down outside at night and admired the stars
(x) Seen a falling star and made a wish
(  ) Enjoyed the beauty of Old Faithful Geyser
(x) Seen the Grand Canyon
(x) Seen the Statue of Liberty
(  ) Gone to the top of Seattle Space Needle
(x) Been on a cruise
(x) Traveled by train
(  ) Traveled by motorcycle
(x) Been horse back riding
(x) Ridden on a San Francisco cable car
(x) Been to Disneyland OR Disney World
(  ) Been in a rain forest
(x) Seen whales in the ocean
(  ) Been to Niagara Falls
(x) Ridden on an elephant
(x) Swam with dolphins
(  ) Been to the Olympics
(  ) Walked on the Great Wall of China
(  ) Saw and heard a glacier calf
(  ) Been spinnaker flying
(x) Been water-skiing
(x) Been snow-skiing
(x) Been to Westminster Abbey
(  ) Been to the Louvre
(  ) Swam in the Mediterranean
(x) Been to a Major League Baseball game
(  ) Been to a National Football League game
(x) Swam with sharks
(x) Seen Wicked in London
(  ) Been snow shoeing


This list was a good reminder for me of just how much I have had in my life.  Yesterday, Michael and I went to Murray Park for a little nanny reunion and was able to catch up with some dear nanny friends.  We reminisced about silly things we used to do and it got me thinking...I can't believe it's been 9 years since I left Utah the first time to be a nanny!  I also cannot believe how blessed I have been to have that experience.  It is one that I will never regret or forget.  Sometimes I think how nice it would be to be done with school since I was only supposed to be out in Connecticut/New York for 1 year instead of 4 years.  But, still I don't regret all that time I spent out there.  It shaped my testimony and made me realize who I wanted to be and what I wanted out of life.  I also learned invaluable life lessons, especially regarding motherhood.  I learned what kind of mother I want to be and what kind I DO NOT want to be.


This list also reminds me of the stuff I would still like to accomplish in this life.  There is so much!  Maybe I will actually sit down and write out a real bucket list.  That would be fun!  First thing on it is our latest special project...I gotta go give myself a shot now.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot one......"been carjacked". I don't think ANYONE has lived until they've been carjacked. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think it should have said "laughed so hard you peed your pants." And... well... you could have checked that one off too. :) hehe

    ReplyDelete