Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 3: Stims

24 needles down...approximately 21 more to go until retrieval and about 100 more after that...hopefully.  I feel very good today.  Still very aware of the egg machines but not nearly as uncomfortable as Monday.  My belly is really sore today.  I accidentally bumped it at work and oh, man!  That nasty Repronex is a killer!  The days are dragging because I count the hours until I can give myself the next shots.  Hopefully, a week from now I will have already been given my trigger shot (Hcg) and I will be done with the belly shots.  Michael and I can't stop asking eachother if the other can believe we are actually here.  It still seems so surreal that we are to the point of injections and less than 10 days away from the harvest!

On a non-IVF note...I started school again today.  My hormones are a little out whack these days and I teared up while watching an orientation video of Primary Children's Medical Center that was made in the early 90's.  I'm afraid OB will have some stiff competition because I think I'm going to love Peds.  I'm not so psyched for Psych (haha..get it?).  I'm going to have to use what brain power I have these days and refocus my attention on school.  I haven't wrapped my head around the fact that I'm back in it for 16 weeks of tests and clinicals and studying all the time.  I'm glad the IVF hoopla will be over in just a couple of weeks so I can be less consumed by what my ovaries are doing and more with what the kiddos and the crazies are doing.  I am quite excited to get another semester under my belt.  I have a feeling it will fly by.  Fall semester always does with holidays approaching and all.  By then I will have only two semesters left and be half-way through  my pregnancy...now that's crazy!

FOR MY OFFICIAL RECORDS, IT'S ACTUALLY DAY 32.  I DON'T KNOW WHY I STARTED NUMBERING THE STIMS AS DAY 1.  OH, WELL.

1 comment: