Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 6: Stims and Ultrasound

I guess we got good news today.  I'm not exactly sure what I expected from our ultrasound?  I knew and hoped that I wouldn't be ready for retrieval in the next day or two.  I knew that I would still have some cooking to do but I left our appointment today a little disappointed even though they said I was right on track.  So, my AFC was 15 (I said 16 before but I guess I remembered wrong).  Today they saw 13 follicles and they measure the follicles to see how mature they are.  Anything over 10mm is great.  Well, I had 4 that were over 10mm, 4 that were very close behind, and 5 that needs some catching-up.  Hmmm.

I admit I was really sad but they said I shouldn't be, I should be happy because I'm right within normal range for being on the stims for 5 days.  I still have about 5 days to go and I was told that others will probably pop up as well.  I asked a couple for fellow IVFers for a number comparison and they both only had 1 that was over 10mm at this point so I guess I'm doing okay.  I can't wait to go back on Monday, hopefully there will be a big change.

I'm starting to get anxious about all the variables in this process.  What if they don't get a lot of eggs? What if they are not mature?  What if they don't fertilize?  What if they don't continue to grow after they are fertilized?  There are so many major daily milestones.  I guess we just have to take it one day at a time.  I just want everything to go well and on transfer day, I want a couple of great embryos to snuggle in and few great ones to freeze.  That would be the ideal situation.

3 comments:

  1. Try not to stress too much... I know it's easier said than done, but stress will do you NO good. Try to relax! You need to go have a massage. We are praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what Rach said! And remember, normal is exactly what you want! It means you aren't behind, and aren't ahead (which often isn't a good thing.) You are exactly where you should be, where you wanted to be. And it sounds like you will have a number of options come time to harvest. Your body is doing exactly what you want it to. Try to stay calm so that it can continue to do so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls! I WILL go have a massage!

    ReplyDelete