Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 8: Stims & Ultrasound

Quite of bit of growing in the last couple of days over here in the Hall house.  I went from 13 follicles to 20 follicles and from only 4 being over 10mm to 11 being over 12mm!  Yay!  I am very happy.  I found out today that they like to see a good number of the follies measuring 16mm or greater to be ready for retrieval but they again reassured me that I am right on track.  If I have as much growth in the next two days as I did from Saturday to today, I think I will be ready to trigger on Wednesday night.  The trigger is a shot of Hcg that ripens the follicles so they can retrieve them, exactly 36 hours after the shot.

The ultrasounds are getting really uncomfortable.  They aren't all sunshine and rainbows to begin with, but I was told my left ovary is twice the size of my right one and when they scan the left...OUCH!  Me no likey!  Okay, so fingers crossed and lots of prayers I will be ripe on Wednesday for retrieval on Friday!!

40 needles (I got an extra one yesterday since my fancy injection pen ran out of meds so I had to replace it and stick myself again), 37 days.

1 comment:

  1. Wooohooo. You sound like you are kicking ass, lady!! That is amazing. Fingers, toes, eyes, and everything else crossed. :)

    Also, my mom pulled out this hilarious picture of us yesterday. We were, I think, apple picking. I am giving you a piggy back ride. You look positively tiny because of the angle of the picture. I laughed my ass off! :) I took a picture with my camera phone. If you have a cell phone, email me your number and I'll forward it to you. You and Michael will get a big laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete