Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Diet Coke...


                                                                        


Dearest DC,
My heart is breaking as I write this.  I want to start off by saying it's not me, it's you.  I'm taking a path that you just can't follow.  You're not good for me anymore, our relationship has become toxic and I want different things.  It's over.


I'm not going to pretend we didn't have some beautiful years together. You have been with me through thick and thin.  When I am down, you're the first to pick me back up.  When I am happy, you're there to celebrate with me.  You have pulled me through 8 hour lectures, you were there on long road trips and some short ones too.  There was a time that I thought you could change the world.  So, why does it seem that everyone is trying to convince me to dump you, you ask?  You're incompatible with my life.  I want to be a mother and you cannot help me accomplish that.  I will miss your sound, your taste, the way you could always make me smile and feel so at ease.  I know at first, it will seem impossible to live without you.  I can't live without you...but I'm going to.  No, I can live without you.  I just don't want to.  I know I will see you around and I will feel that longing.  I know there will be others who will shamelessly try to replace you (i.e. your evil twin, caffeine free DC).  I will think of you often as I sit in classes, wanting you to be by my side.  My friends say that soon, I will not even notice your absence.  Maybe true but I will miss you.  And when I do, I will miss you and then release you. So, citing irreconcilable differences, I am ending our love affair.  I'm sure you will make some other girl very, very happy.


All my love and sanity,
Me


P.S.  Maybe we can meet one last time on Saturday?  Just to properly say goodbye?

3 comments:

  1. HAHA!! So many mixed emotions! So sad, but so glorious. A job well done for having the will-power to let go. I sure don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Your life will be better for it!! Soda is SOOOO bad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soda is bad for you. But this is still funny.

    ReplyDelete