Thursday, August 26, 2010

California

Four words...RITE-AID ICE CREAM
or is it three words?  I don't know, don't care.


I went to California for 6 days and the only picture I took was of this...ice cream.  I said before, I'm a terrible photographer...mostly because I fail to get out the camera.
Rite-Aid bought out Thrifty drug stores forever ago but all the Rite-Aids that were originally 
Thrifty's still have Thrifty's ice cream.  Still cheap, still the cylindrical scoops, still soooo good.  Chocolate malted crunch.  The end.
I was able to eat at my favs like Los Jarritos, Vince's spaghetti, 21 choices and established some new favs like Fruizen and some Japanese place...I can't remember the name, Mom.
It was fun just hanging out with the mom and dad.  We shopped a little, ate A LOT, and I got to see some
old friends.  Mostly, we just talked about IVF and things to come.  It was a blast!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful little trip. Now you have me craving ice cream. Damnit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. we used to go to Thrifty's in Ontario growing up and I always got chocolate malted crunch. (25 cents for a single scoop icecream) What a memory! I can't believe they still have those.

    ReplyDelete