Saturday, February 13, 2010

A look back at 2009...

I promise that not all posts will be ALL about our infertility. I really hope this blog doesn't come across like I am sending out invitations to my pity party. I also hope that it I doesn't come across whiny, obnoxious and/or offensive. We have A LOT to be thankful for and we most definitely are thankful. We even have said that if it were just the two of us the rest of our lives, we would be totally content. Here is a list of all the things we experienced in 2009...

January-Our niece, Autumn, was baptized. I turned 28. My sister-in-law announced she was pregnant.
February-We decided (with some encouragement from my parents) that buying a house would be a wise decision in this market, even though we had no money and had not planned on buying a house for another year.
March-We found our house in Riverton, UT. Not where we thought we'd end up but we absolutely love our neighborhood.
April-We closed on our very first home and moved in at the end of the month. We feel so lucky everyday.

Our new home.

May-We spent our first month in our house..cleaning, painting, buying furniture, painting and more painting. My sister announced she was pregnant! We finally made it to Vegas so Michael could enjoy his 2008 b-day present. He got to race a NASCAR stock-car.
June-We went to England! We spent two weeks with our great friends, Sam and Heidi, driving all over the country. It was fantastic. I also found out I was accepted to nursing school while we were in England. That was a big highlight of the trip!

This is me finding out I was accepted to nursing school.

July- We continued working on the house, went camping with the whole Hall clan and enjoyed the summer NOT being in school. My other sis-in-law announced she was pregnant!
August-We found out we are infertile and would need help getting pregnant. I started my first semester of nursing school!
September-School, school, and more school. I feel so blessed to have been accepted to such a great program.
October-See above.
November-We celebrated our 3rd anniversary! Michael turned 31.
December-Our first Christmas in our new home! Finished first semester of school and enjoyed the Christmas break.

2009 was definitely the most emotionally difficult year we have had in our short marriage but we had so many emotionally positive experiences too. The days of despair has only brought us closer together and made our bond stronger so I can't regret what we have been through.

2 comments:

  1. I think you ARE clever. And funny. And smart. And honest. And informative. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you are completely lovely, and have found nothing whiny about any of this. Telling your story, up front, is never whiny. :)

    I think it is wonderful that you can still maintain the perspective that there are so many things to be happy for. Your home looks lovely, and I'm so glad that you seem to be going strong. :)

    ReplyDelete