Friday, February 12, 2010

Exposed...

Expose-(verb) [ik-spohz] To make known, to disclose or reveal.

This is me (and Michael) exposed. I decided to hop on the blog train not only in attempt to document our life better but because I feel like I HAVE to. I have not been falling asleep very easily these last few weeks because my head is filled with thoughts about starting this blog and sharing our journey through life but mainly, our journey to become parents.

Michael and I have been married almost 3 1/2 years and have been trying to start our family for 18 months. We found out in August of 2009 that we are officially infertile. We will not be able to have children on our own. We will have to undergo the process of IVF/ICSI (in vitro fertilization/intercytoplasmic sperm injection...more on this later!) to become pregnant.

Those who have experienced infertility know what a lonely road it can be and I hope this blog will express my empathy. For those who are unfamiliar with infertility, I hope to educate and give a little insight. This has got to be the worst time to feel like I NEED to start a blog. I am in the middle of nursing school and time couldn't be more scarce but maybe writing these things down will help ease my restless mind. I will post now and again (and if we're lucky, Michael too) about what we have been through the last 4 years and what is to come. I have been hesitant to start a blog because I am not a clever writer or creative online scrapbooker but this journal will be honest, blunt and maybe too much information at times (BEWARE!).

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will help! although I never wrote publicly about our struggles in the mist of them I journaled often. It breaks my heart when ever I hear of a friend going through this. It's so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it, I just wrote out a whole comment and it "failed" on me. SIGH. Let me try to recreate:

    I'm sorry it has taken me so long to come back to this, my friend. I plan on reading through as much of this as I am able tonight, and then continuing on tomorrow.

    As someone firmly implanted in the blog world myself, I know just how helpful it can be to put things out there. I hope you've found a wealth of support out here in the blogosphere.

    I'm sorry that you are going through this, and I'm sorry I was not here earlier to walk with you. <3

    ReplyDelete