Monday, September 13, 2010

Thinking Positive Thoughts...

I'm desperately trying to fight the fear that is threatening to surface and overtake me.  I have been nothing but positive this whole time but I had horrible dreams last night and I foolishly think I should at least feel different if I'm pregnant.  I know, it's stupid.  Every time I have a negative thought, I try to think of something positive or something I'm grateful for.  I am grateful for this entire experience, regardless of the outcome.  What a miraculous thing.  I was able to witness the creation of human life in its earliest stages.  And, if successful, that life will be the one of my child.  It was the first time I fully and deeply understood not the just the process, but also the possibilities, of IVF.  For now, I'm just laying here, just breathing.

7 comments:

  1. Good Job! You keep positive! Fear and faith cannot coexsist. This is something I always struggled with! I got to where I was afraid to hope to be pregnant. I worried if I threw all my faith and energy into beliving I was pregnant, and thinking positivly that I was pregenta, and then wasn't that the disappointment would just b ethat much harder and even more devestating. Then I felt my faith was lacking. Even though I was just trying to protect my poor little heart! oh it's so hard being in the two week window where they just can't tell you a darn thing! Keep positive, keep praying! oh and I dind't feel any different when I got pregnant for at least a month and that was just tired. So don't let that freak you out. Like you said previously, most people don't even know or have a clue at this point!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle and Michael,
    I've felt for a while now the both of you are far braver souls than I. I don't know if I could go through this same process and maintain the positive outlook to which you both have clung. I posted something on Facebook and I'll post it here for you. "Love is always a matter of courage." Both of you are always in my thoughts!!
    xoxo ~ Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to you both. It is the support of good people like you two that give us the courage and strength to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a trooper. I wish I could come and lay down with you and keep you company. I'm so lazy, I'd make a perfect bed rest buddy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog quote on your home page says it all, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete