Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Not-So-Wordless-Wednesday...

I have been wanting to post an update all day but I had school in the morning, ripping my fingernails off in the afternoon, and then work this evening.  Oh!  I was ripping my fingernails off (it's okay, they were too long anyway) because I was waiting for the embryologist to call me this morning, which ended up not being in the morning, it was afternoon by the time he called.  I couldn't concentrate in class, I was staring at my phone, willing it to ring.  I have been in few situations in my life where nothing matters but that phone call and really, it should be a form of torture.  Then, it finally rings or you get a text and it's someone else (memo: I will call you Mom when I have news), baaaah!

Michael and I placed bets on how many embies we thought made it through the last couple of days.  Neither of us thought it would be more than four and we would be nervous but fine with that.  Well, all 6 are still "dividing beautifully"!  They are all 8-cells which is right where they should be.  What?!  I was so happy.  I'm praying tomorrow that they are all blastocysts (very important) and hatching out of their shells.  Yes, they actually have to hatch before they can implant.  The embryologist gave me instructions to arrive tomorrow at 9:30am and the RE will go over the procedure (they thread a catheter containing the best two embies through my cervix and place it 2cm from the fundus of my uterus), the grading of the embies (important for choosing the best two), and what to do after (stay in bed!).  The best part about tomorrow, other than the fact I get my embabies put back in me...Valium!  Finally, something forcing me to relax!  I have to say I am quite proud of myself for being so calm up to this point.  I thought I would be clinical by now.  I was anxious this morning before getting the phone call but I am fine now.  I know my demeanor is because of all the prayers.  It's definitely not in my nature to be calm about most things (I'm my mother's daughter after all...just kidding mom!).  I tend to freak out about things that have not happened yet.

I'm hoping that I've developed nerves of steel in the last couple of weeks because the next few weeks, until we find out if I really am pregnant, are going to be the hardest, most agonizing weeks of my life.  There is too much damage that can be done with a girl, her embies, and her brain.  Too many thoughts.  No, no, only positive thoughts here.  I can wait until I'm PUPO (more on that....stay tuned)!


A hatching blastocyst

After tomorrow, this is what I will be imagining my little embies doing.  Implantation.


5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!! You and your hubby will be in my thoughts and prayers! Love ya girly! Deep breath then Valium :) See you saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I like the cracks you made about me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just kidding, mom! Not really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so amazing. Wow... just wow. I think it doesn't matter how or why you get there, children are designed to make you rip your hair out, no matter what! :) <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete