Sunday, September 5, 2010

Precious Sunday...


I had a great Sunday today.  One of the best ever.  I cannot say too much how much I believe in the power prayer and fasting.  I feel so strengthen and supported by all the people who have remembered us in our prayers and taken time out their lives to email or call and see how we are doing and wish us well.  We had a special fast today and the power that comes from that is heavenly.  The Lord is in charge.  It's in His hands now and all we can do from now until the transfer and then the test, is pray and have faith.  It's a much harder concept than I'd like to admit.  I like to be in control and I'm not.  But, I'm willing to trust in the Lord and let his will be done.

I'm doing much better today than I was yesterday.  I know this is going to work.  It just has to.  I have felt for a long time now that it is going to work and only 9 eggs shouldn't change that.  I was just told of two women I know who both got pregnant with IVF, one only had 3 eggs retrieved (twins) and the other, 7 eggs (triplets and a singleton!).  They both even had embies to freeze.  I know our embryos are going to survive long enough to be placed back where they belong.  We want this so much but right now...we wait.  What a test of faith.  Just because things didn't go quite as planned, just because things got a little hard, doesn't mean it won't work.  I bore my testimony in Relief Society today after I resisted the urge in sacrament.  I was so overcome by gratitude to my Heavenly Father, I could not speak.  I know He knows me and knows my heart's desire and I am so grateful for the atonement because this process can be so lonely and I know my Savior has suffered right along with me.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your feelings here. :) You are a strong person doing all you're doing + nursing school! Heavenly Father definatly has a plan for each of us, and I'm sure many blessings are in your future.

    Jenni. Josh's wife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed you are to have this experience to bring you closer to our Heavenly Father...I'm so happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've found something to make you feel strong! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle you are amazing. I love you and know that you are going to make the best mommy. Loved this post and hearing about what you are thinking and how your are feeling.
    Keep on praying and putting your trust in the Lord. He will take care of you, he always does :)

    ReplyDelete