Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 12: Stims, Ultrasound, Trigger...Oh, My!...

So, yesterday we went for my ultrasound and oh, boy...did I grow!  I still have 22 follies but 14 of them were over 17mm, 4 of them were 15-16mm, and 4 were 11-14mm.  That is crazy growth from the day before.  My doctor said she was going to wait until my E2 levels came back but she was positive the trigger was going to be that night.  My E2 levels came back at 2888 which is beyond perfect (it should double every 48 hours) and the nurse gave me instructions to trigger last night!  She said I was going to trigger at exactly 8pm and that I was to have nothing to eat after midnight on Friday.  I am also to start the antibiotic Friday night and Michael should take his last on Saturday morning.  My retrieval is set for Saturday morning at 8am and we need to show up at 7:30am.  I will be given an IV and sign paperwork and Michael will umm...do his business.  We are out of our minds excited today.  Work has been pretty tough for Michael lately and he called me on his way home, after I told him we were trigger last night, and his voice was so different.  He was still tired but I could tell he was so happy that this is actually happening.


We got everything ready for the trigger shot and just waited until the clock said 8pm exactly.  I was so nervous.  Michael has never given a shot like that before and it is not fun to think about a gigantic needle being shoved into your hip.  I, personally, hate giving those kinds of shots because I am always afraid I'm going to hit bone even though that is very difficult to do, but still...I was not excited even knowing I knew that anticipation was much worse than it was actually going to be.  He counted to three and it was over.  The HcG stung a little going in but it was not bad at all and I barely felt the needle.  I have been told that it gets worse though.  I start taking Progesterone the day of the retrieval and you eventually run out of places on your hip that are not sore after a couple weeks.

I feel like everything is falling into place.  We have all confidence in our doctors but this last week, we questioned whether they maybe have been too conservative with me since I am, as they say, still so "young".  We have said, "do they really know what they are doing?"  Well, they absolutely know what they are doing.  Going an extra day made me nervous because I felt like that was "not normal" but it was 100% the right decision.  I've got so much potential with these eggs and I am even starting to think that we might have a few good ones to freeze.  We just want to get one healthy baby but having embies to freeze would be gravy.
We are just excited that it is actually to this point in the process.  We get a call tomorrow letting us know how many eggs were retrieved, how many were mature, and how many fertilized and then it's just a waiting game with daily updates about how our embies are developing.  Oh, gosh...I'm getting anxious.  Prayers are welcome.

56 needles...

1 comment:

  1. My goodness! Every little bit that I read about this just makes me so excited for you. I'm happy that all of this happening. :)

    ReplyDelete