Wednesday, March 7, 2012

14 weeks...Hello 2nd Trimester!!


14 weeks 1 day...forgive the hideousness. I just got done working 3-in-a-row...brutal.



13 weeks 3 days

How far along? 14 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain? 8+ lbs...I have gotten back into a gym schedule motivated by none other than Us Weekly story of Jessica Simpson.  Sorry to say, she has over done it.
Maternity clothes? No. However, something will need to be done about my scrub tops.  I just can't fit comfortably in most of them anymore.  I am not ready for maternity scrubs but I also don't want to buy bigger ones, especially since the hospital is going to uniforms when I will be 32 weeks :(
Sleep? Still sleeping great. I am practicing sleeping on my left side but I don't like it for too long.
Best moment this week? Seeing baby on ultrasound, again.  The little stinker was so wiggly they couldn't get a good measurement of the neck.  Everything looks great!  Baby is measuring 14 weeks at 13w3d.  I am a little worried that I will have a giant baby.  Michael was almost 10lbs!  Hopefully, my genes will contribute to this one!
Miss Anything?  Nothing much.  I am loving being pregnant so far, even the rough bits of it. If I had to choose something, I miss not being hungry! I am getting tired of eating, especially when still, nothing sounds good.
Movement? We played with the doppler again at work.  It confirmed what I think I have been feeling for almost a couple of weeks...I am already feeling some movement.  Not all the time, but here and there.  I told the ultrasound tech that I know it's early but I swear I am feeling some movement.  She said she was sure I could feel it because my uterus is tipped.
Food cravings? Still not really anything. I never used to drink milk and I have at least a glass a day so that's new for me.  Food in general still is not my friend. I have puked four times since being pregnant, all during or after eating.  Twice in the last two weeks.  I hope this isn't the start of a trend.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing in particular this week. It comes and goes still.
Labor Signs? No, not yet.
Gender? It changes every week. I am thinking boy this week because of a dream I had. 
Symptoms? Still maybe heartburn?  It still doesn't hurt but my food just doesn't stay down that well.
Belly Button in or out? In. I have an "innie" belly button by the way...
Happy or Moody most of the time: Super happy. I asked Michael if he thought I was moody and he said no.  He did say that this pregnancy has made me more dramatic though!  I tend to be a little on the dramatic side anyway so that can't be good.
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender soon. I can't wait to start painting!
Realization of the week: This is actually happening! I have been kind of a Nervous-Nelly during the first trimester. Every week was a milestone and one step closer to being out of the "danger zone".  However, I know that anything can happen and it still scares me.  I honestly haven't been that bad but I have days where I wished that I knew what was going on in there! The little "flutters" every now and then help calm me down.

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you. Very impressed you are keeping such a great record. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always a wreck until I can feel movement to reassure me everything is going fine in there. (I also have been lucky, having worked where they do ultrasounds to take a peek if I was over the top anxious). But then I hit late third trimester when all I wanted was to sleep and that is when they wake up and kick the heck out of your rib cage. Then I wish there was a no movement button somewhere ;) I am so happy for you Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Can't wait to find out what the gender is :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete