Friday, March 23, 2012

16 weeks...It's a BOY!

This is a little late because my camera died but oh well...
Still not much to show off...16 weeks 0 days

It's a little BOY!!


How far along? 16 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain? 7+ lbs...I have only gained a pound according to my last doctors appointment.  The midwife was slightly concerned but I am definitely not.  I am surprised I haven't lost more weight since I only eat about half of what I used to.  I definitely eat more often though...about every 3 hours.  Overall, 7 lbs according to my pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity clothes?  Not yet.  I am in my last pair of good looking jeans.  I shelved the maternity jeans for the time being because they drown me.  I have no real bump yet!  People keep saying it will come and then I will wish it never did but I can't wait to finally "look" preggo and fill out those jeans!
Sleep? Still sleeping great.  Weird dreams sometimes.  I wake-up a few times during the night with a sore belly, like I did a lot of crunches the day before.  It is a lot of pulling and pressure and stretching.  I think my belly grows at night and my days sleeping on my stomach are numbered. 
Best moment of the week?  Finding out Baby H is a HE!!  Let me tell you...shock! I laughed and cried so hard when I saw that teeny-peeny.  I felt for a long time now it was a girl.  We had a girl name.  I knew how I was going to decorate the nursery.  I pinned bow making tutorials on Pinterest.  That's how sure I was.  Dumb, I know. All the old wives tales pointed to girl and most people guessed I was having a girl.  I think everyone was surprised!
Our world went from dress-up and dolls to cars and dirt in 2 minutes!  We are thrilled!  My sister has two boys whom I love like my own.  Everyone keeps telling me...they don't call them "mama's boys" for nothing.  We are starting at square one.  We have no name, no nursery ideas, no idea what we are in for really :)  We are excited!  
Miss anything?  Nothing much this week. I'm loving everything right now!
Movement?  Little flutters still.  I can't wait for a few more weeks to feel some real movement in there!
Food cravings?  My appetite is slowly getting back to normal, although I can't eat as much in one sitting as I used to.  I really craved Jimmy Johns sandwiches this week.  I ate it a couple of times!  Yum!
Anything make you queasy or sick?  Nothing right now.  I did throw-up again this week and it was really random.  I wasn't even eating at the time.  I don't think baby boy likes bacon.  Three out the four times I have thrown-up, I ate bacon.
Labor signs? None yet, thank goodness.
Gender?  Very much BOY!  We got an ultrasound at 15.5 weeks and there was NO doubt.  He is all boy and was NOT shy!
Symptoms? Tender boobs, indigestion, tired this week for some reason.
Happy or Moody?  I have to admit I was a little moody this week.  I don't know why.  I have been more tired and feeling like I work all the time due to crazy mix of nights and days.
Looking forward to...? Meeting our little guy!  I know we have about 6 months until that happens but knowing it's a boy makes me wonder what he will look like and what kind of personality he will have.  I can't wait to snuggle him!  I am also looking forward to decorating the nursery!  And, my bump of course!
Realization of the week?  Oh my gosh, we are having a boy!  It is still sinking in because my head was all about girl for 4 months.  I guess "mother's intuition" isn't all it's cracked up to be :).

No comments:

Post a Comment