Friday, March 23, 2012

17 weeks...Pop Goes the belly!

My belly hasn't quite gotten the message that I'm pregnant but my boobs sure have! (I don't think my boobs or belly are quite this big...I think the angle and lighting are deceiving)


How far along? 17 weeks 0 days
Total weight gain? 7+ lbs...I haven't gotten on the scale lately.  No thanks.  I feel bigger this week.  I will just wait until my 20 week appointment to find out.
Maternity clothes?  Not yet.  I am excited to wear the clothes I bought.  I bought a bunch of stuff from Old Navy...mostly shorts and stuff for the summer but they all still kind of drown me so not yet but soon!
Sleep? Still sleeping great.  Woke-up to pee a lot this week.  I have been trying to up my water intake so that is probably why. 
Best moment of the week?  Totally baby unrelated.  Michael does NOT have cancer!  I know this sounds random and I don't think he would want me to share details but I will just say,  I was terrified Michael had colon cancer due to some issues he had been having and the family history involved.  I always had this morbid fear of Michael dying but now that I'm pregnant, it's even worse.  He had a colonoscopy and everything looks fine.  I almost forgot I was preggo this week due to everything going on with him.  On a side note, he has to have surgery on his ankle soon so that will be fun!
Miss anything?  Nothing much this week. I'm loving everything right now!
Movement?  The flutters are getting stronger! I feel like it's just a matter of time before I start to feel real, consistent movement and I can't wait!!
Food cravings?  Jimmy Johns!  I have no idea why? I told Michael I wanted Jimmy Johns and he asked me if we could just go to Subway.  No way!  Not the same. I rarely ate Jimmy Johns before I was pregnant, probably because there isn't one super close and we have a Subway right around the corner.  I wish there was something I craved that I can keep in the house.  Still most things don't sound great.  I still like fruit but I don't crave it.
Anything make you queasy or sick?  I had a pretty good week with sickness.  I felt really crappy one night and I remember saying I hadn't felt so bad in months.  I can't remember the circumstances now. I was laying in bed last night and couldn't sleep (it was midnight) because I was starving and it was starting to make me sick!  I finally had to pull myself out of bed and make a piece of toast with peanut butter.  That doesn't happen very often, thank goodness.
Labor signs? None yet, thank goodness.
Gender?  BOY! We are holding off buying stuff and planning the nursery until the 20 week ultrasound, just in case but I definitely don't think it will change.
Symptoms? Hungry! Lots of pulling, cramping, and stretching this week.  I have become very aware of my belly.
Happy or Moody? Happy and RELIEVED!
Looking forward to...? Choosing a name.  We have a handful now that we like but we are waiting for one to stick.  I am pretty sure that his name is on the list right now but not sure which one it is.  Yes, we probably won't be giving it up anytime soon.  I used to think that was annoying too but now I get it.  Too many people have too many opinions.  But, we don't have a name yet anyway.  We are probably going to be in the hospital and still not have a name!
Realization of the week?  I need Michael more than ever.  The slight chance of losing him drove me mad for two days.  I realized I take him for granted sometimes just because he is so good to me and spoils me like crazy.  We are team and I need him and his little boy needs him.  I love him more than ever.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this brings me to tears...both happy and sad...50/50 for sure. Reading that you are feeling your baby makes me want that so badly, yet I'm SO happy that you are feeling that. Babies are miracles and I'm SO grateful you have been granted with your precious miracle!

    ReplyDelete