Sunday, July 29, 2012

35 Weeks!!...


35 Weeks! Why do I look exhausted all the time?


How far along? 35 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain?  20lbs+. I gained 4lbs in just two weeks. I certainly hope it's me and not him. Just yet another reason to suspect that he is big.
Sleep? I am sleeping okay. Nothing has really changed in this department. I pee a couple of times a night and wake-up to re-position. Still, generally a pretty good sleeper.
Best moment of the week?  Every day closer is the best moment. I still love feeling him and I am trying to connect with him as much as possible before he is here. I have this irrational fear that he won't like me or that because of the c-section, we won't be able to bond like we would have if I was having a natural delivery. I know, I said I was being irrational. I just hope he knows I am his mama.
Miss anything?  I really don't. I am trying to really enjoy every minute because the clock is winding down. We are so close and it's getting bittersweet. I will miss being pregnant. As far as anyone knows, this may be the only time I get to be pregnant so I am holding on and cherishing every moment.
Movement? Still no signs of slowing down. I now know for a fact that he is huge. When he moves, he seems very long. He is probably chubby too. At my appointment this week, the midwife measured me. She usually will make a comment like, "right on track". She said nothing this week and I asked her if she could feel how big he was. She said she didn't want to say anything to stress me out even more but I am measuring big now. I have always been right on schedule but I was measuring 36 weeks at 34.5 weeks. She said she thinks I am going to have big one. I have started thinking an early c-section is not such a bad thing. I had a dream that he came out the size of a toddler. It was really funny and I am obviously obsessed by his size. Really, I just want him to be healthy.
Food cravings? Still cheesecake! Cheesecake Factory is having half-priced slices this week. I just might go get one.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope, I have felt really good this week.
Labor signs? None, I think. I have had this groin pain off and on. I don't think they are contractions but they stop me in my tracks.
Gender?  BOY!
Symptoms? Just mostly the same heartburn and reflux. I'm ready for that to be over with. I have talked to a few people who said that it never went away after birth. Yikes! I'm saying lots of prayers that mine does.
Happy or Moody? Happy!! Happy!! Happy!! It's getting so close!
Looking forward to...?  That last ultrasound on the 8th. We have been in this "wait and see" mode for over three months now and it will be nice to know what is going to happen, definitively. I will be really happy either way. We also have the last of our baby showers. We have been so spoiled. We have great friends and family. Michael's work is throwing one and the fine women of my Primary Presidency is also hosting one. So nice of everybody.
Realization of the week? Only 6 more shifts until he is here (pending my placenta stays put)!! I think I can,  I think I can, I think I can. My maternity leave papers are all submitted and I am ready to go as soon as he is.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete