Saturday, August 11, 2012

36 Weeks!


How far along? 36 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain?  20lbs+. We shall see tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if it was another 4 lbs.
Sleep? Okay, sleeping is getting harder. It's mostly just waking up...a lot! I've had a couple of people tell me I look like I'm carrying lower and I have been wondering that myself since I wake up every hour or two to pee. 
Best moment of the week?  The nursery is finished, clothes are washed, bags are packed and we are ready for this little guy!!  I can't wait to hold him and snuggle him in less than a week (hopefully).
Miss anything?  Not yet but I think I will! This is a bittersweet time for me. I am going to miss being pregnant like crazy. I'm not going to pretend it's all roses, especially lately but I love it! The sweet part is that I don't have to endure the last three weeks of pregnancy, which I am told are the most miserable. I seem to be more and more uncomfortable during the day than I am sleeping. 
Movement? He might be slowing down a bit but he is so active still...and huge! If he has dropped, it hasn't stopped him from sticking his feet in my ribs all the time. I love it! 
Food cravings? I did go and get a piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I ate it over three days. It was very rich but very yummy. I have to say something about cravings. If I give in to whatever I want, it's not nearly as satisfying as I would have hoped. Good thing I have not had a lot of cravings.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope, I have felt really good this week.
Labor signs? No? Sometimes I think I have contractions but I'm not sure and I have been told I would know if they were really contractions.
Gender?  BOY!
Symptoms? Heartburn, heartburn, heartburn. It's been a little better the last few days but it still creeps up on me. I also have started to have lower back pain, mostly after I work. It's takes me a day or two to recover from it. I feel lucky that it's just now starting. All-in-all I feel pretty lucky as it is. I have had a great pregnancy with not much to complain about.
Happy or Moody? Happy...for the most part. I did have a melt down this week about the house not being clean or finished or perfect. I realized I was being irrational at the time and Michael just took it. I felt bad. I think I ruined his day.
Looking forward to...?  That last ultrasound on Wednesday. I can't wait!!
Realization of the week? This is it...less than a week. I can't wait.
Some interesting tid-bits about my baby body...

  • My belly button is still an innie. It's flattening out but it's still definitely in. 
  • It's hot but I have not had a lot of issues with swelling. There was one day when my wedding ring was really tight and my toes swell sometimes but mostly it hasn't been a problem. Actually, as we speak my wedding ring is a little tight. I might have some issues if I was able to go three more weeks. 
  • I do not have any stretch marks. I thought I might not because my mom never had any. I put lotions on my belly religiously but I know that it's all genetics. Thanks, mom! 
  • I don't have the linea negra (the black line) on my belly. It happens in three-quarters of all pregnancies. Not mine I guess. I wonder if it might show up if I was able to go to term. 
  • I haven't noticed my hair being thicker but it grows so much quicker as well as my nails. Michael is kind enough to clip my nails because I hate doing it. It's like nails on a chalk board for me.
  • If you notice in pictures, I have cholasma or "the mask of pregnancy". It's hyperpigmentation of the skin on the face. Awesome. I have actually had it since I started birth control before I got married. I was thinking for a long time that it hasn't gotten worse since I got pregnant but I think it has...especially on my forehead. I have tried to treat it in the past but it was recommended that I not do anything expensive until I was done having kids.
  • Looking back, I think my boobs have gotten smaller over the last couple of months? Or maybe that's wishful thinking and my bigger belly just makes them look smaller? Either way, my boobs are bigger...enough said.
  • I love my pregnancy body, especially my belly. I could go naked everywhere if it were appropriate. Not because I think my body is in any way attractive but because it feels so good to not have anything on my body. It's really hot all.the.time. I will miss this body for sure but I'm excited to be able to breathe and sit comfortably again!

No comments:

Post a Comment