Saturday, August 11, 2012

37 Weeks...Full term!!



37 weeks!!!
How far along? 37 weeks exactly!
Total weight gain?  20lbs. I did not gain any weight the last two weeks which is nice since I gained four the last time. It's all evening out I think.
Sleep? When I am sleeping, I sleep well. It's just the many potty breaks and readjusting that keeps from sleeping through the night. Last night I was awakened by that elusive toothache! This is the fourth time this pregnancy that I have had the same toothache. Luckily, not much longer until this baby is out and hopefully whatever is causing it will go away.
Best moment of the week?  The last ultrasound and getting the c-section scheduled! He looks so smashed in there! We couldn't really see anything great but he was measuring right on track...to the day. He is not gigantic yet...so they predict. My placenta did end up moving a little bit but not enough to make him feel comfortable about letting me go naturally. He said if I was dead-set on having a vaginal birth, he would let me try. If he would have asked me a couple of months ago, I would have said yes, definitely. No c-section! But, he gave us the odds of 50% chance of it ending in a c-section anyway and hemorrhaging and I was not comfortable with those odds. He said if it was his daughter and grandchild, he would just go for the scheduled c-section. So we are scheduled! He said because of the placement of the placenta, he is comfortable letting me go to 38 weeks! At first I was disappointed and dreading finishing my shifts at work but I'm glad now. The longer he can stay in, the better for him. So, Baby Boy Hall officially arriving AUGUST 20, 2012! Yay!! We go to have blood drawn and fluids the night before and have to be at the hospital at 6am the next morning. We are so excited, we can't stand it!
Miss anything?  No, I really don't. I am just going to try and focus on enjoying having my baby boy with me all the time. Bittersweet times. 
Movement? Still all the time. He is more active in the evenings than in the mornings which stresses me out a little when I wake-up. I am totally going to miss feeling his little butt sticking out and his feet in my ribs. It really is too bad I don't get have a vaginal birth. He is ready! He has been head down for the last 2 months!
Food cravings? Lemonade and hot dogs. Weird. They just always sound good.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope, I have felt really good this week.
Labor signs? I wish. I have decided the pain I have been feeling is round ligament pain. Yikes! Stops me in my tracks. I keep joking I have been trying to make my water break. It's not working. I would love it if he decided to make his debut at earlier than expected!
Gender?  BOY!
Symptoms? I have been wondering if he's dropped because the heartburn has been a little better but doctor doesn't think so. People keep telling me I look a little lower but I can't tell.
Happy or Moody? Happy and excited! I can't wait to see what this little guy looks like and hold him. Nine days or less!!
Looking forward to...?  This week being over and getting this kid here! I can't wait to hear his cry and bring him home and to officially become our new little family.
Realization of the week? We will be a family of three!! It's been me and Michael for so long and I have loved it but I can't wait to bring this sweet boy into our family and see how we rise to the occasion. I can't wait to see Michael as a dad. He is going to be awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww - I am so excited for you guys. I got a little teary eyed when I read your c-section date :) Made me remember our special day! It is going to be the best day of your lives and I know you are going to treasure every moment of it. Just a thought - I took my journal to the hospital so I could write my thoughts and feelings during "down time" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the entry where you describe the journey of the birth of your son. I can't go back and read the "beginning", not quite yet, but I so anticipate your forthcoming blog entry. So happy I could be there to share such a wonderful moment in time, and so many more to come!

    ReplyDelete