Sunday, July 29, 2012

33 & 34 Weeks!


33 weeks!

34 Weeks! I feel like I have gotten huge!!
How far along? 34 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain?  16lbs+. We will see officially this week!
Sleep? I am still sleeping okay. I wake up a lot. A few times to pee and a few times to turn to my other side. I am looking forward to sleeping on my back again. Reflux got so bad last night that it kept me up until almost 4am and threw-up a few times. It's only gotten that bad a couple of times and I am hoping that it doesn't happen again.
Best moment of the week?  Getting through my shifts and finally getting the nursery organized. Thank goodness my mom was here. She pretty much did everything. I got really overwhelmed with how much stuff one little creature needs! All of his clothes are washed and put away, his bathroom is clean and organized. I really want to post pictures of the nursery but we are waiting for the chair cushion to be done and I don't want to take pictures until it's completely done.
Miss anything?  I really don't. I am trying to really enjoy every minute because the clock is winding down. We are so close and it's getting bittersweet. I will miss being pregnant. As far as anyone knows, this may be the only time I get to be pregnant so I am holding on and cherishing every moment.
Movement? I really think he is HUGE! He is head down and I feel him all over my belly when he moves. I have finally experienced a couple of those swift rib kicks people keep talking about. Yeah, it hurts but he is pretty good to his mama. I read they are supposed to be less active at this stage but he is showing no signs of slowing down. We got a good video of my belly moving and shaking and it cracks us up!
Food cravings? Cheesecake! I really wanted a piece of cheesecake last night and almost went to get one. Good thing I was exhausted by the heat and couldn't bring myself to do it. I still drool when I see any kind of donut, but haven't had one since I went to California in June.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Just reflux at night. This is the second time I ate pizza and the reflux was so bad that I threw-up. I thought it was the tomato sauce but I had white sauce and it still happened. I think no more pizza for me.
Labor signs? Nope. Occasional Braxton Hicks, especially when I am out in the heat. 
Gender?  BOY!
Symptoms? Heartburn, reflux, tender boobs again. Mainly the heartburn and reflux. I tell you, that is probably the only thing I will not miss.
Happy or Moody? Happy!! Happy!! Happy!! It's getting so close!
Looking forward to...?  His birthday! So, the placenta didn't move. Shocker! We were not very surprised. I will have one more ultrasound at 36 weeks (August 8th) and that will be the final word. I will be scheduled for my c-section the next week if it has not moved (which it won't...I'd bet money). So his birthday will be August 13th, 14th, or 15th. We are shooting for the 15th just to keep him in there as long as possible. August 15th seems like a good birthday, yes?! I was hoping for a September baby but I understand the risks. I am still not looking forward to the c-section but I have read and been told a lot of positive stories. The feeling like I am missing out is slowly going away. It may sound strange but I would really like to know what labor feels like. I'm not going to get that. I'm also really, really looking forward to being done with work for a while. It's getting tough. It's still very manageable but my body needs a break. I know maternity leave will be no vacation but I am so looking forward to being exhausted because my little guy is here and not because of working a 12 hour shift.
Realization of the week? 2.5 weeks!! What?! To be honest, I'm going to be a slightly disappointed mama if the placenta does move. I have had it in my head for at least two months that I will have an early c-section and that he will be here in August. If by some miracle the placenta moves and I am able to go 40 weeks, I will cry. Five weeks seems like an eternity, especially compared to two. Plus, I am terrified that he is going to be HUGE! I'm pretty sure he is big. I have nothing to compare it to but he just feels big to me. We are nesting like crazy. We are checking off our "to-do lists" but we keep adding to it as fast as we are checking things off. I can't believe he is almost here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment