Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weeks 22 & 23...

A busy couple of weeks for us!  We went on a little getaway to Disneyland and a cruise to Mexico.  It was relaxing and we had a blast.  Disneyland was crowded but we rented Michael a wheelchair so he could get around easier, which meant, no lines! We were able to get on most rides in a matter of minutes. The cruise was fun and we mostly just relaxed and napped a lot.  It was the best to be with just my hubby, especially after all the craziness the last month. Baby boy loved it...he was so active the whole time!
22 weeks 3 days


How far along? 23 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain? 8 lbs+...we will see on Wednesday.  Oh my gosh, my doctor is going to wonder what I have done after our cruise. I'm scared to find out.
Maternity clothes?  I am wearing the jeans and some shirts. I have yet to go through my summer clothes to see what is going to fit. I know that I will be loving dresses this summer. I wore some dresses on the cruise and I LOVE not having anything on my belly. I think it's maternity pants and shorts from now on. I doubt that any of my regular shorts are going to fit.
Sleep? I sleep pretty good still despite the 3-a-night bathroom trips. I have also heartburn in the middle of night that wakes me up (YUCK!). But, other than that, I still sleep pretty good.
Best moment of the week?  SEEING my belly move! How bizarre! I love my little alien. Michael is feeling him more and more and I love the way his face lights up when he does. We just laid in our cabin for a hour one night and watched my belly move all over!
Miss anything?  Not having to pee every 15 minutes! I can't go anywhere without knowing I have access to a bathroom and where it's located. Baby boy's favorite toy is definitely my bladder!
Movement?  All.the.time! I get nervous if it has been a while since I felt him.  I hate that feeling. For the most part, he is a crazy wiggler so when he is not moving, I get nervous. I guess he has to sleep sometime! I love just laying on my bed and feeling him wiggle.
Food cravings?  Nope. Of course I ate way too much on the cruise, despite the food being not so great. I did drink a lot of hot chocolate.  I couldn't seem to get enough. It was chilly for a lot of the time and it was so good!
Anything make you queasy or sick? I thought I would get sea sick but I felt pretty good for the most part. I did have to leave a show we were watching because the smoke from the "smoking area" was seeping into the room and it made me so nauseous. It was disgusting! We went to sleep pretty early that night.
Labor signs? No, keep on cookin'!
Gender?  BOY! 
Symptoms? HEARTBURN! This baby had better have a lot hair! The old wives tale says the more heartburn you have, the more hair your baby will have. Tums are my friends. At first it didn't hurt but now it wakes me up, burning and creeping up my esophagus. So gross! PEEING...A LOT! I am pretty sure I visited every bathroom in Disneyland. Michael has been a good sport and not said a word when I go to bathroom and then go right back, five minutes later. HUNGRY! Lately, I have been eating about every 3 hours. Sometimes, I feel even more hungry right after I eat until the food actually has a chance to reach my stomach.
Happy or Moody? Happy and feeling recharged!  Michael is more mobile and getting better everyday. That makes me happy.
Looking forward to...?  Dr. appointment on Wednesday and ultrasound in few weeks. I am really hoping my placenta has moved so I can stop worrying about it. I am also looking forward to getting a jump on the nursery. We have plans to start painting right after we get everything out of the room. My crib bedding is being made as we speak and I am searching for things to complete the theme. I will post a sneak peak of the bedding which I am absolutely in love with.
Realization of the week? Only a few more weeks until trimester 3! How crazy! This trimester is flying by and I feel the need to get things done when I still have the energy to do them! I'm hoping to have the nursery painted by mid-June so I can have somewhere to put baby shower stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment