Monday, May 28, 2012

25 weeks!


25 weeks
How far along? 25 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain?  14lbs. There, I said it. Hopefully the next weigh in won't be so bad. I have really reigned it in since the cruise.
Maternity clothes?  Maternity jeans and some shirts. It's funny to put on a shirt that is non-maternity, that I just wore a few weeks ago. They are getting shorter and shorter!
Sleep? Still sleeping well aside from the 2-3 times a night potty breaks. It doesn't really bother me. I have no problem going right back to sleep. 
Best moment of the week?  Finally getting a jump start on the baby room. We got everything out (and piled in our guest room) and started painting and hoping to finish this weekend. We still need to decide on a crib but other than that, things should move quickly.
Miss anything?  Not missing much. I am just loving every minute of this. Time is flying and then I know I will be missing him rolling around in my belly! If I had to choose, maybe my brain. I have been so spacey lately and dropping things all the time. I was told your brain never quite recovers...good to know.
Movement? I wish I would have recorded my belly a few times this week. He has been quite the mover! My belly has been moving all over! I will get "hard spots" and feel a little...something (a foot, head, hand?) and I will poke at it because it doesn't always feel good and he just stays there. I love it!! 
Food cravings? No. Occasionally, I will will wake-up and think about a certain food and that is what I end up eating at some point but no real cravings. I could probably eat chocolate all day, every day but I don't.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope. I feel great!
Labor signs? No, keep on cookin' little boy!
Gender?  BOY! I still get nervous that it will change which is silly. We got all the good shots to prove it's definitely a boy.
Symptoms? Heartburn and reflux!! Big time! Nothing that a little Tums can't handle though. I pretty much have stashes of Tums everywhere.
Happy or Moody? Happy!! I love feeling our little boy in my belly. I feel like every time he moves, it's a miracle and makes me smile.
Looking forward to...?  My ultrasound on Wednesday!! Crossing my fingers that my placenta has moved. I would really love to be off the "restrictions", which includes being intimate with my hubby. Sorry if that's TMI but I miss him...a lot. I also can't wait to see our little guy on the big screen again.
Realization of the week? Michael and I have been talking about labor and birth and how we would like to plan it. I stopped and realized we were talking about a day in the near (15 weeks) future instead maybe a someday. I have a little belly, I feel him all the time, and yet, I still don't think it has really sunk in for either of us. We have been so used to talking about maybe someday, that our minds can't really grasp that this is actually happening. Maybe it's like that for everyone? I am trying to find ways to make this seem more like a reality than a dream but maybe it will always feel like a dream come true. I can't say how in love I am with this little boy already and I can't wait to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment