Saturday, June 2, 2012

26 & 27 weeks...Hello 3rd Trimester!

26 weeks
27 weeks



How far along? 27 weeks exactly!  Hello 3rd trimester...it's good to see you!
Total weight gain?  14lbs+. I'm curious to see if I have lost weight since last month. I am not eating non-stop like I was on the cruise. We will see on Wednesday.
Maternity clothes?  Yes. Definitely on the bottom. My regular shirts are getting too short and my belly hangs out of a couple pair of scrubs so it's looking like it will have to be all maternity soon.
Sleep? Heartburn has woken me up a few times this week and of course the potty breaks 2-3x a night. That is getting old.  
Best moment of the week?  We are finished painting! Now we can start putting stuff in the room as we collect it. The walls aren't done since we are putting vinyl on them but the hard part is done. I'm excited to get it finished.  Shouldn't be long now! Also, seeing him on ultrasound again. I love that. He is so big! He was estimated to be almost 2lbs at 25.5 weeks!
Miss anything?  My brain! I used to roll my eyes when women made the excuse of pregnancy brain but it is a real thing!! I was laughable at work the other day...so not safe!
Movement? All the time and I'm loving it! I had one night when he wasn't moving so much and it had me worried. The next morning I was talking to him and trying to get him to move and finally he did and didn't stop for two days! I guess I am supposed to be starting kick counts soon? I don't know?
Food cravings? Yes. I realized that I crave donuts all the time but I rarely indulge. I had one this week because it was National Donut Day and figured that was a good excuse. It was yummy! I haven't had one since before that last weigh in! I also have been craving Einstein Bagel Tasty Turkey sandwiches. I had three this week and Einstein's is not close to me. I've been thirsty all the time too.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope. I feel great!
Labor signs? No, keep on cookin' little boy! 
Gender?  Still boy which was reconfirmed for the third time during the ultrasound.
Symptoms? Heartburn and reflux!! Big time! I've also failed to mention certain symptoms/changes. Early in the first trimester I noticed hair on my belly. It's just blonde peach fuzz but there is definitely a trail. It's funny, I haven't noticed my hair being any more luscious or thicker and I swear pregnancy is making my leg hair grow slower which is saying something for me.  I don't grow leg hair as it is. I haven't shaved since April! I also have hips for the first time in my life. Michael says he can't tell but they have spread (and probably have some extra padding on them too)! My belly button is a little more shallow. Michael actually pointed it out since he loves to stick his finger in my belly button (which drives me crazy). It is definitely still an innie but it's flattening out.
Happy or Moody? Happy!! It's getting so close!
Looking forward to...?  My doctor's appointment on Wednesday, finishing the baby room, and my shower in California! I can't wait until the room comes together and all I want is a beach, the ocean, and a good book.
Realization of the week? Third trimester!! This kid could be here sooner rather than later. So, my placenta didn't move. I was crossing my fingers that it would be high, high, high but it didn't budge from week 19.5. The tech and my doctor changed their attitude about it and aren't so optimistic about it moving anymore. I guess the chances of it moving in the 3rd trimester are really slim.  My doctor said we will talk about a c-section next appointment, which will be scheduled at 37 weeks. I was really upset when he said that. I'm getting more used to the idea but I desperately want to have natural, vaginal birth. People have been telling me the perks of c-section but it doesn't make me any less disappointed. There is an experience that I was looking forward to and I won't even be allowed to know what labor feels like. I've heard a lot of women say their placenta moved at 30+ weeks so I'm still praying but I of course I will do everything to keep him safe. So, if I do have a c-section, we will meet him in 10 weeks!! Yikes! That is soon!

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you that things are progressing so well and you feel so good. What a blessing! I can't believe your belly is so small still...I was massive at this point in all my pregnancies. I hope this isn't offensive if I wax on for a moment via comment section, and I won't be offended it you think "shut up staci." I don't know what medical justification your doc has for scheduling a c-section but I would fight that *big* time. I had three c-sections and it's not the way to go. I know you must feel very protective of this baby's health and safety and perhaps the doc thinks he has a good reason for not letting your body go into labor, but there are a WHOLE lot of women out there who were forced into c-sections that for later pregnancies felt more empowered and able to speak up and say "no way" and they had a much happier baby delivery and healing experience. There are very few reasons a c-section should be used (i know you know this). It is only to save your or the baby's life. If you and your baby are healthy come 38 weeks there is no reason to do take that baby out until he's done cooking. Even three or two weeks early babies sometimes have to spend time in NICU and that seems just stupid to put you and baby through that unless its absolutely necessary. C-sections make doctor's lives good because 1)they can plan their deliveries and life 2) they make way more money. - I would fight it. I would say no. You know the risks of surgery and I had some of them during and after my sections, and so do 4/10 women I know. And those complications are survivable but SUCK SUCK SUCK. If you can avoid it, don't do it. This is your body, your baby, and you do not have to go along with what the doctor says. Almost ever. When it comes to labor and delivery, unless you have a strong voice, strong plan and stand up, you are at the whim of hospital staff who will start making the decisions for you. A lot of times its for good reasons, but sometimes, it's just because that is what is easier for them. Not necessarily best for you. -- Rant done, promise. Hope you continue to feel good and look lovely! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, complete placenta previa neccesitates a section unfortunately. Not just for the baby's health, but yours. The complications of going into labor where the placenta is blocking your cervix are life threatening. I am sure your doctor has explained the risks involved. It's disappointing for sure not to have the natural birth experience. I had the unfortunate experience of preeclampsia at.32 weeks with my first. I tried to be induced for.2 days, but then needed an emergency section when my blood pressure started skyrockdeting even with meds. I was scared, but all was well in the end. My biggest piece of advice is to try and take the.least amount of.pain meds as possible, and to take a good amount of laxatives and eat nonbinding foods. The first 'poo' afterwards is a doozy! And pain meds constipate you. I wish I had known that with #1, I took any pain med they offered me! my first #2 experience when I had #2 by repeat section was much easier!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got to say, I loved my c-sections! Of course it would've killed me to deliver them, but with Oliver I felt a small amount of labor and realized I was given my anatomy because I couldn't handle labor!!! I also never believed anyone about preggo brain, its sooooo true. I've never been so dumb in my life than when I was pregnant. Your brain will come back though. I'm so excited for you guys, I just want to snuggle your cute little belly! Keep on cookin'!

    ReplyDelete