Friday, June 29, 2012

29 & 30 Weeks!!

30 weeks at my Salt Lake baby shower! I didn't get a good belly shot. I look bigger in the 29 week picture because the dress is too big. I got a size smaller for the Utah shower. Dang maternity sizing!

29 weeks! My baby shower in California! Aren't my cankles sexy? :)
How far along? 30 weeks, 6 days...I'm seriously behind on blogging. It's been a busy couple of weeks.
Total weight gain?  14lbs+. We shall see at my doctor appointment.  According to my scale, I haven't gained anything this month so far.
Maternity clothes?  Yes. I have been annoyed that I bought a bunch of maternity clothes back in April that are too big. Maternity clothes run big, just so you know. Live and learn.
Sleep? Still sleeping okay. I wake-up at 1:30a and 4:30a to pee and a few more times to turn to my other side.  I know that this is all preparing for this little guy to arrive but sheesh! It's getting exhausting.  
Best moment of the week?  I have lots! We are nearly finished with the nursery! The bedding arrived and we are just putting finishing touches on everything. It's so cute! I had my two baby showers, one in California, one in Salt Lake and they were so cute and so much fun that they deserve their own post. Baby boy is so spoiled already!
Miss anything?  Being able to put socks on with ease! This belly is really a belly now even though it's still relatively small. Bending over is a thing of the past and I now judge the importance of picking things up off the floor when I drop them...which is a lot.
Movement? His movements have changed a lot! I think he is starting to run out of room because he rolls and pushes instead of flipping and kicking. I can tell he is bigger and I love it!
Food cravings? Still donuts but I don't eat them. I had a couple in California and loved it!! But other than that, nothing really. I'm slightly disturbed that every time I see a beer commercial with icy, cold bottles...my mouth waters. I hope that doesn't mean he wants alcohol!
Anything make you queasy or sick? No. I have been feeling great!!
Labor signs? I started having Braxton Hicks these past couple of weeks. I had a couple of really good ones on the day of my baby shower because I think I was dehydrated a little and just needed to rest more.  I get BH a lot at work when I can't sit down but I just try to take it as easy as possible.
Gender?  He had better come out a boy! We have so much boy stuff!
Symptoms? Aside from the BH and heartburn (ouch!) nothing much. I guess bleeding can go under symptoms. Yes, it finally happened. I have been trying to avoid bed rest like the plague and I have so far but early in the morning of my baby shower (in California!) I started to bleed and was told to go into Labor and Delivery. Me and my mom went to Pomona Valley Hospital at 2:30a to get checked out. They put a fetal monitor and did an exam. He was doing great! I was not dilated and I was having no contractions. Everything was fine and I was released and I went to the baby shower. I was anxious to get home after that because I was worried something would happen and I would be stuck in California. My doctors here in Utah told me they were not worried but to take it easy. Hopefully the bleeding was just the placenta moving? That would be nice!
Happy or Moody? Happy!! It's getting so close!
Looking forward to...?  My ultrasound in a couple of weeks! I guess this is the last word on whether or not I will have c-section. I still really don't want one but I know he will decide how he arrives into this world. I am trying really hard to get things done just in case...
Realization of the week? I certainly don't want him to come any time soon but I can't help to just want to hold him. I have days that I get nervous and wonder if he is okay or not and it makes me want him to just come out! Then, I realized all the million things that I will have to worry about once he is here and I desperately want to stay pregnant forever so I can keep him safe and with me all the time. My mom says she worries more about us now than she ever has and her baby is 22 years old! I just feel blessed that I finally have so much to worry about!

1 comment:

  1. I should have bought maternity clothes 2 sizes bigger. I found that they always ran small, even though everyone said to get the same size maternity clothes as you are when you're not pregnant. Then again, I gained 50 pounds with both babies. I even split a pair of pants right down the back seam when I was 39 weeks - and I was out shopping when it happened! I just laughed and covered my rear end with my purse.

    You look great - so well dressed and radiant!

    ReplyDelete