Sunday, April 22, 2012

21 weeks!

Sticking it out!
21 weeks!
Tate wanted to get in on the photo action. He is excited for his "boy cousin". My belly looks different sizes in all three of these pictures. I think the most accurate shot is the middle. Top one I am kind of sticking it out and bottom, kind of sucking in.

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain? 8 lbs+
Maternity clothes?  I decided I kind of hate the full-panel maternity jeans. I can't stand to have anything on my belly. I feel like I can't breathe and I feel like it contributes to reflux and heartburn. It doesn't feel good when I am bloated either.  Oh, well.
Sleep? Sleeping very well. I can't say enough about The Snoogle. I still wake-up a few times a night to pee because I guzzle water before I go to bed but I don't care. I gotta get my water in and bed time is crunch time!
Best moment of the week?  It's been rough around here lately. I am just happy to be generally feeling good and love it when my little man wiggles like crazy. It let's me know he is okay.
Miss anything?  I miss Michael being able to walk. I know he misses it too.  I know he is getting depressed about his lack of mobility and I am trying to cheer him up by getting him to feel this little guy but no luck with that this week. 
Movement?  Oh, man! He loves bouncing on my bladder and I just laugh every time! Michael should come to work with me at night when he is the most active. This little man loves to be awake at night which I hope to correct very soon after he is born.
Food cravings?  I haven't had a great week with food. I haven't felt quite right since Monday and I haven't had an appetite. I had Jimmy Johns this week and it didn't do anything for me. I couldn't even finish it. I'm hoping to be liking food again soon.
Anything make you queasy or sick? No, thank goodness. Besides the lack of appetite, I have been feeling great and nothing really has made me nauseous this week.
Labor signs? No, keep on cookin'!
Gender?  BOY! 
Symptoms? It's getting harder to bend over. I definitely can still do it but it feels like I am bending over a softball. Breathing is getting harder and the bloating and reflux is fun too.  Of course, I'm loving every minute of it...so dramatic! :)
Happy or Moody? Happy but feeling stressed. I hate seeing Michael so down. He really can't do much so it's a little wearing on every one. I know it's a matter of time before he will be on his feet again but it's hard. I love him.
Looking forward to...?  Our VACATION! We leave Friday for California and we are going on a short cruise. It will be an adventure with Michael's foot but we both are really looking forward to relaxing and enjoying one last hurrah before this little guy arrives. I can't wait!!
Realization of the week? 19 weeks to go! I get really antsy thinking about my non-existent belly and how far I have to go but then I look back and I can't believe I am over half-way there. The last 21 weeks have really gone by faster than I thought they would. I just need to try to enjoy these next 19 weeks and not rush it. I definitely don't want him making his debut any time soon. He still has lots of cooking to do!

1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on your last three posts. You look beautiful, my dear, and that is quite a handsome little boy you're cooking up! I love hearing how things are progressing for you. :)

    My love to all of you, and special healing vibes heading towards Michael - I hope he is back on his feet soon! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete