Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"The Things to Talk to Michael About List"...

We are three weeks into Michael's new job and it's a lot harder than we thought it was going to be.  I'm not sure what I thought it was going to be like, him working 60 hours a week, but I definitely didn't expect to have to write a "things to talk to Michael about list" on my Blackberry.  It's a list of notes I jot down when I need to tell him something but we can't talk.  We are pretty busy as it is and I guess I never realized how much of our relationship is spent on the phone.  We spend over 5000 minutes a month checking-up on each other throughout the day but with his second job, he can't be on the phone so we rarely talk to each other after 3pm.  Then, I arrive home at midnight and he is sound asleep. It's hard.  I can never remember what I have and haven't told him and I just plain miss him everday. The other night, I was fortunate enough to get off work a couple of hours early and we arrived home at the same time and plopped down on the couch together, exhausted.  We stared at each other for a few seconds and the conversation went like this...

Me: This is weird.
Michael:  I know, what should we talk about?
Me:  Hold on, my list is on my Blackberry...oh yeah, I have to tell you about the IVF refund program, we need to look at Hondas, my parents are coming this weekend....
(Michael puts his hand up and abruptly cuts me off)
Michael:  Umm, sorry, could you just email me? 

I have to say I am very grateful for Saturdays...the one day we have together and I am very grateful for a husband who is sacrificing all of his time to help his family.

2 comments:

  1. This is a sweet and funny post Danielle. I just love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said it before and I said it again, he sounds like good stuff! I'm really loving this glimpse into your life and into your relationship. You seem so well suited for each other.

    ReplyDelete