Saturday, March 22, 2014

34 Weeks...

How far along? 34.3 weeks
Total weight gain: Back up to 19lbs...another official weigh in tomorrow.
Sleep? No. As I was admitting that the last two nights haven't been too bad except waking up to pee a few times, the next night was the worst ever. I just couldn't get comfortable. My belly is so heavy that laying on my side pulls at my back. No amount of pillows will really solve this problem. I'm never comfortable for too long, sleeping or awake.
Best moment of the week?  I'm really trying to stay positive. Really. My mom and dad arrived...for good. Still emotional about them selling their house in California but I'm thrilled they are around forever. It's a wonderful thing to have your family near by. We will just be missing my brother, Collin. Hopefully he will visit often.
Miss anything? Sleep and being comfortable (see above). I'm pretty much never comfortable. Sitting, standing, laying down. It doesn't matter. People tell me I'm still relatively small for having twins at almost 35 weeks but it's deceiving. My belly is super heavy and pulls every which way. The girls are also running out of room so they jab my in all sorts of places. That doesn't always feel good.
Movement? Yes. I do love feeling them move. I know I will miss it. I'm really trying to enjoy every movement, even though it doesn't feel great all the time. I've heard of babies waking their moms at night. That doesn't happen to me. Thanks, girls!
Food cravings? Reese's Easter eggs and Cadbury mini eggs. Yum! I can't eat them all the time because my heartburn and reflux makes me lose my appetite. Also, Honeycrisp apples. They are these incredibly expensive breed of apple but they are huge and yummy! I usually only buy 2-3 at time because of the $3.99/lb price tag.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Heartburn, reflux and vomiting...oh, my! Mechanically, my stomach and esophagus just doesn't work right now. I have to stick to small meals and food that comes back up nicely. I haven't been vomiting everyday but I do have to fight it when I eat a little too much.
Labor signs? Umm, I think so? I contract all the time, resting or not. I guess we will see tomorrow if they are doing anything. The babies have not dropped. I have not lost my plug. My contractions are not regular or painful.  I didn't get to go into labor with Sam so I have no idea what to expect as far as going into labor goes. Regardless, I really don't think it will be much longer. I would put money on somewhere between the 36th-37th week. If I don't go before the 28th, I will be induced. I would much rather go on my own and I'm hoping to hold out until 36 weeks. Either way, we are close!
Gender?  My sweet girls. Cora Lynn and Elena Kate.
Symptoms? Reflux, heartburn, pain. The usual.
Happy or Moody? Emotional. Very emotional. I cry at the drop of a hat but I also am experiencing a fair amount of joy. I can't wait to meet these girls! It's not all tears of sadness. I'm also anxious for the delivery and all the many scenarios that may take place regarding Cora. We just don't know how she will do. We are still praying for a miracle.
Looking forward to...? Being done working. It's getting pretty hard to work a 12 hour shift. Everyone at work is so great. They really try to make it easy on me and I really appreciate it.
Realization of the week? Less than 2.5 weeks, tops! I am so looking forward to meeting these girls! I can't wait to see Sam as a big brother (poor boy won't know what hit him). I'm already so in love with these babies. I still can't believe I'm having girls. Setting up the nursery was surreal with all the little dresses and bows. It still hasn't quite sunk in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment