Wednesday, February 26, 2014

32 Weeks!

How far along? 32.5 weeks
Total weight gain: 17lbs down from 19lbs. At least I gained back two lbs from when I was sick. I have to eat much smaller meals now or I throw-up.
Sleep? Not good and I don't anticipate it getting better. I sit up for a good hour because laying down just hurts. I wake-up at least three times a night to pee and I have to get situated all over again. I long for the daylight most mornings because it's one day closer to D-day and although I won't be sleeping much then either, hopefully when I am sleeping, it won't hurt so much.
Best moment of the week?  Feeling  much better! I'm so happy to not feel like I am dying. I read that a pregnant woman in California died of the flu. I'm glad I read that after I was feeling better because it would have totally freaked me out. I really thought I was headed that way. Also, the nursery is getting close to being done. That makes me happy. I've hit the nesting phase now that I feel better (not that I can do much) and I feel pretty overwhelmed with what needs to be done still.
Miss anything?  I miss my un-pregnant body. Oh, I completely underestimated how hard it would to be pregnant with twins. I try not to complain because I am so blessed to be pregnant with these girls but it hurts and I can't do much. I miss playing with Sam (I hope he will forgive his mama for being a total bore). I can't take him anywhere anymore. It takes too much out of me and I contract like crazy.
Movement? Yes. They move all the time. I still can't feel Cora as much even though I know she moves all the time. Elena is head down and will make her exit first and Cora is actually transverse (no wonder it hurts so much). She may stay that way but my doctor says it's not a problem and that as long as Elena stays head down, I can still have a vaginal birth.
Food cravings? Reese's Easter eggs...the big ones or small ones but only the eggs. The Reese's minis or regular size are definitely not the same. I don't always eat them though. Like I said, food is not a friend to me. If I eat too much at a time, I will throw-up. It's all mechanical. I just don't have room and my reflux is pretty bad but controlled with Zantac and Tums.
Anything make you queasy or sick? I pretty much throw-up everyday just because these babies are crowding my stomach and my reflux gets away from me sometimes. Sam has pretty much gotten the wrong idea about what the toilet is for. He goes into the bathroom and lifts the seat and pretends like he throwing-up! And when I do, he tries to push me out of the way to join me. I love him!
Labor signs? If I do too much, I contract. My doctor said it's okay as long as it stops when I rest. I can't even carry a laundry basket without contracting. Sam and I push the laundry baskets up and down the hall. He loves it. Don't let that fool you into thinking my house is even kind of clean. I can manage to do the dishes if I do them fast then I have to sit down. When I go to the grocery store, I have to ride on one of their "jazzy carts". They are life saver! I haven't worked (yes, I'm still working) since it's gotten really bad so we will see what happens with that.
Gender?  My sweet girls. Cora Lynn and Elena Kate.
Symptoms? Reflux, rib pain, not sleeping, usual aches and pains. Oh the joys.
Happy or Moody? Emotional, very emotional. The close it gets to D-day, which is closer than I probably realize, the more I cry. I cry everyday which hasn't been the norm. I am nervous for delivery since I haven't experienced labor before . I'm so excited to meet these girls but it scary knowing that delivering them means the time we have with Cora is limited. I have such mixed emotions about delivery. The closer it gets, the more scared I get we are going to lose Cora. Everyday inside of me is another day she could die and we won't meet her alive. We picked out a plot for her this past weekend which was surreal. I've said it before, no mother should have to be planning a funeral while her child moves inside her. 
Looking forward to...? Finishing the nursery and getting this house in order. I can't wait until everything is in it's place again. We are still trying to organize the basement and shifting baby stuff around i.e. converting Sam's room into more of big boy room. Although, we are keeping him in his crib for now. I'm not ready for him to have that much freedom yet! I'm also looking forward to my parents being here, for good! They will be here next week and I can't wait. They sold their house in California and that has made me more emotional than I would have ever thought. Even thinking about it right now makes me tear up. But, I'm excited they will be so close and hope their transition goes smoothly.
Realization of the week? We are closer than I had thought. At my appointment this week, we talked about induction and it will probably be closer to 37 weeks than 38 which puts us at March 28th-ish. We went back and forth but after all of that, he told us he didn't think I would even make it that far. He said he would be surprised if I went past 36 weeks. That's just a little over three weeks away! Stress. I'm down to weekly appointments and NSTs and scheduled the rest of my appointments until 37 weeks. There were only four. That's how close we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment