Sunday, December 29, 2013

23 & 24 Weeks...

23 weeks

How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain? I think around 12lbs. It's going good. I'm not so concerned about the lack of weight gain now since they are monitored so closely.
Sleep? Not great, to be honest. I almost don't look forward to bed time (almost). I just can't lay on one side for very long so I wake-up every couple of hours to pee and turn over. It takes me a few minutes to get in a comfy position again. If I go over 2 hours without turning over, it's a great night but I wake-up sore from being in the same position for too long. I have to say my husband is one of a kind. Despite him having to get up early to go to work, he insists on getting up with Sam if he wakes up which has happened a lot lately. Poor kid has gotten 6 new teeth in the last couple of weeks including all four one-year molars (ouch!).
Best moment of the week?  Christmas! What a great day! We kept things really simple and had lots of fun just being together. It was fun to play Santa even though Sam doesn't really get it yet. He was still really excited to see all the presents under the tree in the morning.
Miss anything?  Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.
Movement? Yes! I've been so relieved to be able to feel them consistently. I am also starting to be able to tell them apart. That is also a relief. I have been afraid of going to an ultrasound and seeing that Baby A has left us and not even knowing it. I think I will be able to tell now if she hasn't moved. I have read that Trisomy 18 babies don't move very much in utero. This is not true for our girl. They are BOTH monkeys! I swear for three days straight, they didn't sleep because they were constantly moving! I talk to them when I first feel them it the morning. I say 'good morning' and tell them what we are going to do that day.
Food cravings? No cravings. I've enjoyed all the holiday goodies and the guilt free gorging. However, "goring" for me is pretty pathetic for a 24 week pregnant lady. I just cannot eat very much in one sitting and have to remind myself to eat.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Just reflux will occasionally be so bad that I have a hard time keeping it down. Pizza still makes me have reflux so bad that I throw-up. I think it's it the acidic tomato sauce. I avoid all things like that. My bottle of Tums is my best friend right now.
Labor signs? No and I'm not having as many Braxton Hicks anymore which is a relief. At my last ultrasound, the tech said my cervix was miles long. That made me happy. They last I need to be worrying about is preterm labor and bed rest. It makes me feel a bit more easy that I have technically reached "viability", although, I don't want them to come any time soon. It's just nice to know that if anything happens, they could survive. Every week from now on is gravy.
Gender?  My sweet girls. We finally have names which I will announce in my next post.
Symptoms? Heartburn, can't breath, can't get comfortable. 
Happy or Moody? Trying to be happy. I am happy. Writing things down helps but it always brings me back to reality. It's just so hard accept this. Sam makes me happy. The time I have with these girls makes me happy. Michael makes me happy. I still cry a least once a day but I think I'm more happy than I am sad.
Looking forward to...?  Our next visit with Angel Watch. I will write about our Angel Watch visit next time. It was very bittersweet and it is a wonderful program.
Realization of the week? Only 3 months until these girls come (hopefully not sooner). That sounds like an eternity to someone who feels like they are ready to pop but I'm expecting it to fly by. I feel like I have been stuck at the same gestation for a month. I think it's because when we found out at 20 weeks about our baby girl, time stopped in our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment