Thursday, May 6, 2010

D.O.N.E.

Another semester down, just four more to go...ugh.  I just found out I pulled off an A-, which is not easy task in Fundies (Nursing Fundamentals).  No, I didn't cry when I found out it was an A minus.  It's kind of impossible to get a solid A in nursing school when an A is 95% or above.  I know, rude.  You basically have to be nearly perfect on all of your tests to do that.  It was fun getting to know all the people in my class...I mean really, really getting to know.  Bowel patterns, menstrual cycles, urinary continence (it's okay, some of us pee a little when we sneeze), gag reflexes (mainly mine...working on it), and general weird habits and quirks.

These are the people in my clinical group on our last day of clinical.  That was a beautiful day and seems like forever ago.  I'm going to miss them this semester.  I had to switch to another group because of my work schedule.  Boo.

We started a tradition of going to Village Inn after our tests to drown our sorrows and anxiety in pie!  Free pie Wednesdays!

Stefanie, Me, Cori, and Flint practicing in the lab.

 
       This is my lab partner, Marie.

Me and Stef, practicing wraps. Lame but we have become quite good friends.

Stefanie giving me her first shot.  I know it looks like I'm freaked out but I really did trust her.  She was just so nervous.  She did a great job...I didn't feel a thing.

Cori and I with our Shim.  It's half male, half female.

Tuesday night study group in the cafeteria.  I had to come study on my lunch break since I worked Tuesday nights.

This coming summer semester is going to be the definition of crazy.  We have OB and Med Surg I.  I am really looking forward to delivering babies and learning more about the basics of nursing but we are going to be beyond busy.  Eight-12 hour clinicals, weekly test, eight hour class days, preloading the night before said 12 hour clinicals, and the dreaded 12 hours-to-write care plans.  It will be over in ten short weeks.  Bring it on!
 (Thanks, Marie for being our group historian and always taking all the pictures!)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle! I need to start following your blog...can't wait to start nursing school myself...still doing prereqs. ONE MORE LEFT! Looks like.....fun....? Ummm, that summer schedule sounds not real. I can't figure out the math and how it will all fit in a day. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, school is fun! Pre-reqs are the worst. It seems like forever to get through them. But once you're in...it's go, go, go! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud of you Danielle. As horrible as this summer sounds, it will still be ONE MORE SEMESTER DOWN! After this one is over, it will be so much more manageable. You'll have your husband back and not such a crappy schedule. And life is going to become VERY INTERESTING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say how awesome I think it is that you chose this as your career. That is wonderful, and I imagine that you are great at it. :)

    Also, I would say that I'm jealous you get to hang out in scrubs all day, but I am in my pajamas almost 24/7 (working from home and all) - so there you go. LOL :)

    So awesome, another semester bites the dust!

    ReplyDelete