Thursday, November 5, 2015

18 Weeks and Then Some...


How far along? 18 weeks
Total weight gain: I'm down 10lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. That doesn't concern me or my doctor very much because I was about 15lbs heavier than I would have liked to be when I got pregnant. I gained 9lbs while pregnant earlier this year and then the miscarriage made it hard to get it off. The babies are measuring big and getting everything they need because I ate like crazy during the first trimester.
Sleep? It has already begun. Between peeing one or two times a night and just already feeling uncomfortable, I'm not sleeping great but not horribly either. I bought a new pregnancy pillow that is a giant "U" shaped and supports both my belly and back. I'm just not comfy on one side for too long and I have to change positions a lot. It is going to be a long 5 months because I'm not even that big yet.
Best moment of the week?  My belly finally popped this week! I actually look a little pregnant instead of just like I've put on 30lbs. I tend to just getter wide before the belly pops early on. Also, buying a mini van! Yes! Never say never. I am so happy with the practicality of it. The automatic doors are going to be a lifesaver! We are all loving it so far!
Miss anything? Energy, eating normally, and generally feeling normal. Chasing around two toddlers while pregnant with twins is not easy. I did it once with one toddler so I know what I'm in for. The difference between being pregnant with one vs two is that your weeks of feeling good are much fewer with two than one. Needless to say, I'm already feeling it.
Movement? Yes. I've been feeling flutters since 14-15 weeks but starting to feel movement more consistently. Not all the time but enough. I have one posterior placenta and one anterior so I won't be feeling that baby as much or early as the other. That will make me less anxious...haha! Baby boy is low transverse is baby A and baby girl is on top transverse and is baby B. I'm not sure which one has the anterior placenta. I'm worried that I will have placenta previa again due to this but we'll see.
Food cravings? Nothing right now. I don't have much of an appetite right now. In general, I have been craving healthier food than in my other two pregnancies which probably accounts for some of the weight loss.  In my first trimester, I was not feeling good but I ate all the time because it made the nausea worse if I didn't. It's a weird feeling being nauseous and starving at the same time. I am trying to follow a high protein diet to gain adequate weight. I want these babies to be full term and over 6lbs when they are born so I am going to try my best.
Anything make you queasy or sick? No. I started feeling better around 15 weeks. I was really sick in the first trimester. It started around 7 weeks and I was just nauseous all day, especially in the evening. I threw-up a few times but not every day. This was all new to me since I wasn't sick with my other two pregnancies. There were days that all I could do was lay on the couch but I finally feel better. I still throw-up almost every morning but I don't feel sick.
Labor signs? No, thank goodness. Hopefully not for 20 more weeks. I'm desperately trying to get these babies to 38 weeks. I can't stand the thought of NICU time again. Please, please, please.
Gender?  Boy and Girl! No names yet. It will be a while.
Symptoms? Heartburn that started pretty early this time but no surprise there. Nausea from 7-15 weeks. A growing belly that I can actually feel growing at times...ouch. Starting at 14 weeks, I had horrid back pain. I had back pain with the girls but early on until 15 weeks and no problems with it after. This was later and WAY worse. I couldn't move or walk or take care of my kiddos. I went to my doctor and they prescribed me a medication that I only took once because it knocked me out and referred me to physical therapy. I was hopeful the physical therapy would work but I had no idea it would make me feel so much better, so fast. It has been a life saver. It turns out with pregnancy hormones, my joints are loose and my sacrum (the bone above your tail bone) likes to pop out of place, straining the ligaments. In general, I'm feeling a lot better and can function.
Happy or Moody? Mostly happy. Just very tired.
Looking forward to...? Feeling more movement. It always seems more real to me when I can feel consistent movement. Also, my 20 week ultrasound. We will know more about the health of the babies then and I can finally relax a little more.
Realization of the week? I've had many realizations over the past 4 months but nothing too profound this week except I'm nearly half way there! I can't believe it. The first trimester was the longest 3 months ever but I'm almost half way there!

1 comment:

  1. Ukurlah Modal dengan Level Meja yang akan menjadi lahan kamu bermain. Kalau bisa bermainlah di Level "Smallest" atau "Small" agar persentase kemenangan lebih besar dibanding meja "Big" atau "VIP" yang persentase kemenangannya kecil karena Modal Kamu tidak cukup untuk lanjut (Baca Selanjutnya Disini...)

    ReplyDelete