Thursday, January 16, 2014

What's In A Name...

We finally have names for our girls! We still affectionately call them Baby A and Miss B sometimes but I'm trying to use their names more. I know I will not get to use Baby A's name nearly as much as I would like to in my lifetime so I try to refer to her name as much as possible. Here they are... 

Cora Lynn Hall (A)
&
Elena Kate Hall (B)

We have known that Cora's name is her name for quite sometime but didn't want to announce it until we were solid about Elena. Cora is a very special name to me and has been for a long time. When Michael and I were dating he told me he loved the name Cora which floored me because it's not very common and it means so much to me. When I was a nanny a million years ago, I took care of a beauty named Cora and ever since then I've always dreamed about naming a girl Cora. Michael liked it because he liked the book, Last of the Mohicans and the main character is named Cora. We have talked about Cora so much over the years of trying to have kids that we weren't sure we were going to use it but when we found out about her condition, it just seemed right. Elena was Kate for a while but when we referred to her as that, it just never seemed right. We had this long list of girls names we loved and were sure that Miss B's name was on there. Elena was never on there. I was looking through girl nurseries on Pinterest and "Elena" was on the wall. It was not the first time I heard that name, obviously, but it just seemed to fit and Michael really loved it. Can't wait to put faces to the names!

No comments:

Post a Comment