Friday, October 15, 2010

Continue in Patience...

So...I'm kind of obsessed with this talk Continue in Patience, by Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  It is the whole talk that is in the video I posted in the previous post.  I read it, or bits of it every night.  It is so applicable to my life right now and gives me strength and hope.  There is something he said that hit me like a ton of bricks:

Heavenly Father has a purpose in requiring that His children wait.  Every one of us is called to wait in our own way. We wait for answers to prayers. We wait for things which at the time may appear so right and so good to us that we can’t possibly imagine why Heavenly Father would delay the answer.....But eventually I learned that God’s promises are not always fulfilled as quickly as or in the way we might hope; they come according to His timing and in His ways. Years later.....Looking back, I know for sure that the promises of the Lord, if perhaps not always swift, are always certain.


I know I will have children.  I'm working on being okay with it not being on my time.  If you have a minute, read it.

2 comments:

  1. A lot of people have referenced this talk lately...I do need to read it. I'm glad you are healing, know that it will take time. I hope you know we are thinking of you and praying for you. It is so hard to let things happen on the Lord's time...so hard, especially when you want it so badly. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have found something that you connect with that will help you along. Love you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete